Other Latest News
- Shakib Again on The Top of World Ranking
- 12 Indian Arrested Along Satkhira Border
- GCC polls: Mayoral Candidates Get Symbols
- Jessore Road Crash Kills 3, Injured 40
- School Teacher Chopped To Death in Sirajganj
- No Bar on Publishing College Admission Test Results
- JP To Nominate Individual Candidates In Next National Polls
- Gazipur Polls- Last Day for Withdrawal of Candidacy
- ACSU Report on Cricket Match Fixing Delayed
- 18-party Secretary General Level Meeting Monday
|Rail Minister Suranjit Sen Gupta Resigned|
|Monday, 16 April 2012 00:00|
“I am resigning as railways minister taking responsibility of everything,” Suranjit announced at a press briefing at the Rail Bhaban in the afternoon, referring to the controversy surrounding the recovery of huge stashes of cash from the car of his assistant personal secretary.
He however reiterated that he did not have any “direct or indirect” link with the money.
Earlier in the day, the embattled minister submitted the resignation letter to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
“I took the decision for the sake of fair investigation, and to set example acting beyond the existing practice and to uphold democracy,” he told a large crowd of journalists who gathered at the rail bhaban following hints that he might step down.
Earlier in the morning, he skipped the regular cabinet meeting.
The resignation came a day after his meeting with the prime minister, where sources said, he failed to satisfy the premier with explanations regarding his involvement with Tk 70 lakh from his APS’s cars, Omar Faruq, on April 9 night.
Powered by Tazakhobor.Com
|Last Updated on Friday, 05 October 2012 17:28|