Other Latest News
- Dipu Moni To Visit Brussels To Discuss EU GSP Facilities
- US Congressman to Visit RMG Factories Today
- Barisal City Jamaat Secretary Arrested
- Ariful Secured BNP Support for Sylhet Mayoral Polls
- We Didn’t Help, Just Showed Hospitality: Hannan Shah
- 7 More New Parties Get Registration From Election Commission
- Bangladeshi Player Linked With IPL Spot-Fixing Scandal!!
- Discussion Underway To Sign TICFA: Dipu Moni
- 36 Opposition UP Chairman And Member Sacked
- Americans May Reduce Buying Product “Made In Bangladesh”
> >> Watch Your Steps: Quamrul Threat BNP > >> Threat To Revoke GSP Illogical - Unjust: Muhith > >> Bangladesh Allows Transit For India > >> BNP Threatens Self-Imprisonment For CG > >> Editors Form ‘Editors’ Council’ For Freedom of Media > >> 2 Bangladeshis Killed in Saudi Fire > >> No Alternative To Dialogue for Resolving Crisis: Ershad > >> Dipu Moni Received Gold Crest > >> 17 Children Killed in School Van Blast in Pakistan > >> May 26 HSC Exam Rescheduled to May 30 > >>
Breaking News | Launch Sinks In Meghna Bangladesh News
Launch sinks with 250 passengers in Meghna : March 13, 2012
Highlights: Launch with more than 250 passengers onboard capsized In Meghna & Building catches fire in city.
Broadcast On: Banglavision
Date: March 13, 2012
News Summary: A launch with more than 250 passengers onboard capsized in the river Meghna after being hit by a cargo near Gozaria of Munshiganj early Tuesday. Thirty of the passengers managed to swim ashore while the rest remain missing till 9:50am. Md Azizul Alam, deputy commissioner of Munshiganj, confirmed that Dhaka-bound MV Shariatpur-1 sank into the river after it was hit by an oil-laden cargo around 2:30am. Rescue vessel MV Rustom reached the spot in the morning and was trying to trace the sunken vessel.