Other Latest News
- Shakib Again on The Top of World Ranking
- 12 Indian Arrested Along Satkhira Border
- GCC polls: Mayoral Candidates Get Symbols
- Jessore Road Crash Kills 3, Injured 40
- School Teacher Chopped To Death in Sirajganj
- No Bar on Publishing College Admission Test Results
- JP To Nominate Individual Candidates In Next National Polls
- Gazipur Polls- Last Day for Withdrawal of Candidacy
- ACSU Report on Cricket Match Fixing Delayed
- 18-party Secretary General Level Meeting Monday
|No admission test in medical and Dental colleges this year|
|Written by TAZAKHOBOR.COM|
|Sunday, 12 August 2012 10:03|
There will be no admission test in government and private medical colleges and Dental colleges in Bangladesh from this year as the authorities decided to enroll students based on their SSC and HSC results.
Health Minister AFM Ruhal Haque told that there would be no admission test from this year."We have taken this decision after discussing with all," he said, "students will be enrolled based on their GPAs in public examinations –SSC and HSC." Ministry took the decision at a meeting on Sunday.
The candidates, who have combined GPA of 8 in Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), can apply for the admission, Bangla daily Prothom Alo reports.
Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr AFM Ruhal Haque, Health Secretary Humayun Kabir, Senior officers of the ministry, representatives of Bangladesh Medical Association (BMA) and representatives of private medical colleges were present in the meeting.
Altogether there are 8,493 seats in all medical and dental colleges in Bangladesh.The number is 2,811 in 22 government medical colleges while 4,245 in 53 private medical colleges.The nine public dental colleges and medical colleges' dental units have 567seats while 14 private dental institutes have 870 seats.
Powered by Tazakhobor.Com
|Last Updated on Sunday, 12 August 2012 10:13|